Dear friends, I'm back at last after a rather long absence due to a family bereavement. It's been really hard dealing with everyday matters and getting back into the kitchen was one of my last priorities although it is, of course, very important to eat well during taxing times such as these. Mr. P has been a great support, putting meals on the table and generally doing all he can to lift my mood and be there for me. His buying some of my favourite foods has been part of this and having a large packet of smoked salmon in the fridge needing to be used was the reason for this delicious recipe that I cobbled together for our dinner this evening. It's very easy but super delicious ... maybe you'll be tempted to give it a try!

Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
Meanwhile, heat the butter and olive oil, and cook the onions over a medium heat for a couple of minutes until softened.
Add the prawns and cook until they start to curl and take colour. Stir through the lemon juice and herbs,
Now add the strips of smoked salmon and the double cream, or crème fraîche. Season to taste, taking care not to add too much salt. Cook for 2 minutes, until heated through.
Stir through the drained pasta and serve on warm plates with the lemon wedges.
Cook's note: I could also imagine incorporating some steamed broccoli florets in this and may well do so another time.

Smoked Salmon and Prawn Linguine – Serves 2250g linguine, farfalle would also work well
15g butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 spring onions, finely sliced
75g prawns
juice of ½ lemon
2 Tbsp chives or dill, finely chopped
125ml double cream or crème fraîche
125g smoked salmon, cut into strips
salt and freshly ground black pepper
lemon wedges to serve
Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
Meanwhile, heat the butter and olive oil, and cook the onions over a medium heat for a couple of minutes until softened.
Add the prawns and cook until they start to curl and take colour. Stir through the lemon juice and herbs,
Now add the strips of smoked salmon and the double cream, or crème fraîche. Season to taste, taking care not to add too much salt. Cook for 2 minutes, until heated through.
Stir through the drained pasta and serve on warm plates with the lemon wedges.
Cook's note: I could also imagine incorporating some steamed broccoli florets in this and may well do so another time.


































14 comments:
Lovely to see you back blogging Pi.
That pasta looks so good, I'm not usually a fan of 'cooking' smoked salmon but may be tempted to try this out.
George xx
It's nice to see you again Pi :) That pasta looks truly delicious :)
Take care,Laura xo
Hugs. Great to see you back. I missed you.
Fi xoxox
So good to see you back Pi!!!
It's lovely to have you back Pi - and your meal looks yummy! I love smoked salmon.
xx
Thank you everyone ... it's lovely to be back.
Fi, I haven't seen you around for ages, great to hear from you.
pi xxx
The pasta looks delicious, sometimes I find pasta dishes very heavy but that looks like a perfect summer meal.
Francesca x
Simple and delicious, looks wonderful.
Well, welcome back stranger! Your dinner looks fabulous. Lucky Mr. P, but I guess you're just as lucky to have him as well. :)
Hello Pi :)
Hope you're well. I'm glad you're up to a bit of cooking. The dish looks scrumptious.
Thank you for your emails.
Lea xxx
Lovely to see you back blogging Pi =)
Lovely pasta too!
Take care.
KJxx
PS I've tagged you!
Hi Pi
This pasta dish really does look like something I would love and enjoy, delish!
Maria
x
Lovely to see you back blogging Pi :) Wonderful pasta dish I just knoiw this will be very delicious :)
Post a Comment